You are invited to celebrate spring with a butterfly sculpture or art piece in the medium of your choosing. The District will be selecting 15-20 artists to create beautiful art pieces to be displayed on Main Street on Saturday, 5/22 from 10am to 4pm. This installation will be a part of other special events taking place Downtown that day. Join us in celebrating the resilience and strength of our Downtown businesses as we leave winter behind and flutter into a brighter future!
- Art Pieces should celebrate spring and tie into our butterfly theme in some way. All art must be family-friendly and appropriate for public viewing.
- Any medium may be used
- Pieces should be of significant size to create a visual impact on Main Street, but not so large as to impede pedestrian traffic on the sidewalks
- Artists are responsible for installation and removal on 5/22
- Installation must take place on 5/22 between 6am and 9:30am
- Removal must take place between 4pm and 10pm that same day
- Artists may choose to stay with their piece if desired
- Installation Options for 3 Dimensional Pieces
- Free standing / structure provided by artist
- Attached to channel stakes on portable stanchions (sign posts) provided by the District
- Attached to channel stakes installed in planters/ grassy areas (provided by the District)
- 2 Dimensional Pieces
- Will be displayed in storefront windows of Downtown businesses
- Easel should be provided artist
- You are welcome to list your artwork for sale. The District will list available artwork and contact information on our website. We will not coordinate any purchases or payments directly.
- Artists will be featured in promotional materials and news articles. Please be sure to fill out the registration form accurately and completely to ensure that we have the correct information.
Please complete the online registration form (CLICK HERE) by March 12th. Artist approvals will be processed as registrations are received. We will be limiting the number of pieces accepted.