Family Fun on Downtown Main Street
The 12th Annual Downtown Manchester Scarecrow Festival will run from Saturday (10/10) to Saturday (10/24). This year Downtown Main Street will be hosting a record number of scarecrows from individuals, families, clubs, schools, and businesses!
The public is invited to come and spend some time strolling Main Street and viewing the almost 50 scarecrows! This is a great outdoor, socially distant activity for the whole family! So, come on down and enjoy some fall-fun on Downtown Main Street in Manchester!
CLICK HERE To view the 2020 Scarecrow Festival Program & Map
Vote for Your Favorite Scarecrow
After viewing the scarecrows, we invite you to vote for your favorite on Facebook! CLICK HERE to view the official Facebook Favorite Voting Album. Simply click “like” on your favorite scarecrow. The 3 scarecrows with the most votes will win a prize!
#Selfiewithascarcrow Contest – You Can Win!
This year’s Downtown Scarecrow Festival comes with a twist – a chance for YOU to win a prize with our #selfiewithascarecrow contest! Simply snap a selfie (or several!) with the scarecrow(s) that you love and post them on social media! You will be entered a drawing for a $25 gift certificate to a Downtown Manchester business of your choice. Please see below for official rules, terms, and conditions.
Remember, please enjoy looking at the scarecrows in a safe manner. Please do not crowd other guests and keep a 6 foot distance between groups. Do not climb on, touch, or in any way disturb the scarecrows or the planters. Please walk on the sidewalk at all times and do not stand in the street when posing or taking photographs.
Facebook #selfiewithascarecrow Contest
- Snap a selfie with a scarecrow (or several!) Remember, do not touch or climb on the scarecrows or planters. Do not stand in the street, remain on the sidewalk at all times.
- Head to the Downtown Manchester Special Services District Facebook page.
- Find the official #selfiewithascarecrow post and add your selfie(s) to the comments.
- Like our Facebook Page.
Instagram #selfiewithascarecrow Contest
- Snap a selfie with a scarecrow (or several!) Remember, do not touch or climb on the scarecrows or planters. Do not stand in the street, please remain on the sidewalk at all times.
- Post your selfie on Instagram with the #selfiewithascarecrow AND tag @downtownmanchesterct in your post.
- Follow @downtownmanchesterct on Instagram.
Terms & Conditions
- The contest will open at 8am on Monday (10/12). All selfies must be posted by midnight (CT time zone) on Saturday (10/24).
- The winner will be chosen by a random drawing. The winner will be announced via social media. Two winners will be chosen from Instagram and two winners will be chosen from Facebook. You may enter on one or both social media sites. Each winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to the DMSSD business of his/her choosing, as long as said business has gift certificates available for purchase.
- By posting a photo in this contest, you are granting the DMSSD rights to share and republish the photo in promotional materials in print and online.
- You may post as many selfies as you desire. You will receive one entry per photo posted with a different scarecrow.
- This contest is not endorsed by Facebook or Instagram. Neither Facebook nor Instagram is affiliated with this contest.
- There is no purchase necessary to be entered. Purchase does not increase your chance of winning.
- Neither the DMSSD, Facebook nor Instagram are responsible for anything that may happen to individuals while participating in this contest.
- The DMSSD reserves the right to cancel this contest at any time for any reason.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.